Friday, August 21, 2009

It's a BOY!!!

I had my ultrasound today and found out what I'm carrying...there has been some serious though as to what kind of creature is in there. I had to drink 32 oz. of water before going to my appt. and not pee at all. I only drank about 16 oz. and had to stop, downing so much water was making me sick. I threatened Eli that if the Dr. asked if I drank all my water and he said no he would lose an eye.

This was a really fun experience for me cause our little boy was quite active. He was kicking, punching, rolling, stretching, bending, anything to not stay still. I started to wonder if we would be able to see his little man parts cause he was so active but we did manage to catch a glimpes at it a few times. I asked the lady if she was sure it was a boy and she assured me that she would do many checks. He looked as if he was eating a piece of laffy taffy cause he kept making the eating motion with this mouth. I'm just convinced he will be a good nurser. He's measuring 9 oz. and 3 days earlier then I was expected. Everything looks great! He kept putting his hand up to his face and his right hand in his mouth, he even waved at us once. By the end of our session he was calmed down and done showing off. Makayla and Garrett were going back and forth over if it was a boy or a girl. When we were all done Kayla asked me if it was a girl and when I said no she got really upset and started crying. She said that it needs to be a girl so she isn't the only princess in the house. She was so upset that the tech lady went and got the kids suckers. Later we asked Kayla if she was okay with the baby being a boy and she got really angry and said "NO". She doesn't like to talk about him being a boy. But on a side note I do have some really cute girl clothes that I now need to get rid of and I would rather give them to someone who could use them, then to Goodwill. So that's our big news and now all we need to do is come up with a name...any suggestion?

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Yeah! Another boy! Where are all the girls being born to? I think I felt like Makayla when I found out we were having a boy. Eventually I got over it. And I'm so so sorry you have to come up with a name. That is the worst. Boy names are so hard. You can always use Bodie, Jax, or Creed. good luck with all that.
Are you at least feeling better then? Hope so.