Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pediatricians??

This all started with our trip to the Pediatrician on Monday for a check up since I left the hospital a day early.

Monday afternoon Mason had his first check up and the Doc thought he had full blown Jaundice. During the check up she then changed her mind to a "mild case" of Jaundice. She "highly recommends" we take him to the lab for blood work. Well mind you it's been raining freaking cats and dogs for the past week and I wasn't in the mood to take my new baby out in more bad weather so I decided to take him the next day. Well come Tuesday and the weather is even worse so I make an educated decision and skip the lab. Now here's where my blood starts to boil. The Doc calls me Tuesday night furious and wanting to know why we haven't taken our baby to the lab for blood work. We tell her that the weather's been too horrible and we'll do it when the rain gets better. She then proceeds to tell us that we are horrible parents and that if we don't get Mason in to the lab he's going to have mental retardation problems and that she's going to put in our file that we are going against her recommendations. She then asks us if he's still yellow and we tell her he's not that bad, and that pissed her off!! She gets really mad and is now demanding we get Mason in to the lab. Just to please this freaking woman I tell her we will take him in on Wednesday. Mind you our original appointment with the pediatrician was on Wednesday. Well lots of drama later...Wednesday rolls around and we take him to the lab for his stupid blood work. She calls us back Wednesday night and guess what...HE DOESN'T HAVE JAUNDICE!!!!! SURPRISE SURPRISE!! Stupid Lady, it's not like this is my first baby, let alone my first baby with Jaundice. She's an idiot. She even suggested I undress him and put him next to the window for sunlight. Ummm, hello it's freaking raining, there's no sunlight and it's freezing. So that's it, my little rant about my stupid doctor.

2 comments:

Piper said...

SO not cool!! Good job for listening to your instincts!! Who knows what kind of coughs and yucks he could have picked up waiting in line at the lab!!

Rich and Susan said...

Not professional for a Dr. to act like that, I'd look for a new pediatrician. Maybe even report this to the medical board!