Mason Thomas Thompson was born on Jan. 14th 2010 at 6:18pm. Here is a brief story of how it went. At 7:00am Eli and I checked into the hospital, by 8:00am they broke my water but I wanted to "try" and go natural so they left me to see if I would contract on my own. By 10:30am I wasn't doing much so they hooked up the pitocin and the contractions started slowly, but little by little they were upping the amount and by 3:00pm I had had enough of the natural part and ordered my epidural immediately!! Once I was drugged up I got a little sleepy and rested til about 5:00pm. I started feeling A LOT of pressure in my tailbone and thought my epidural was wearing off. The nurse came to check on me at about 5:30pm and I was fully dilated and his head was very low. The nurse started to get things ready and pointed at my Vagjaja and said "Don't fall out" to the baby. Are you kidding me, I told Eli to stand at my bottom and get prepared to catch. Finally everything was ready and they told me to push...1 push and the head was here, second push and the shoulders popped out, third push and he was here. It was very easy and because with each contraction Mason moved himself down the birth canal I didn't have to do much work at all. He's perfect in every way and has his own look. The transition from 3 to 4 kids hasn't been hard other then the fact that we are living on a little less sleep these days. Gavin is in love with him and so is Kayla, Garrett really couldn't care either way about Mason.
So with that here is some pictures of my cute kids!!
2 comments:
Such a cute family!! I love Makayla's face- just a little mommy basking in the glow!!
And what a WONDERFUL blanket you have there! ;) Glad you guys like it.
congratulations! he sure is a cute kid!
Post a Comment