Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Coloring Eggs

This was Daddy's last morning off before Easter so we colored our eggs today. We pulled the table into the kitchen so I wouldn't have to worry about the carpet. I've realized that I hate coloring easter eggs. If it wasn't for the kids I would never do it. I can sit and maybe color 2 eggs but then I'm done and just want to clean it all up, but I deal with it so the kids have fun things to do.

Gavin has been a little off all day and he cried through most of it. I didn't want to give him a real egg...cause we all know where that would've ended up so I filled a plastic egg with candy so he would have something to hold and it made noise.

The kids always love doing this and I never boil enough eggs according to them. They don't realize that they have to eat them as well. They were very careful not to make a mess and had a good time doing it.

My little bunnies.

It went pretty quick and without a hitch. When the eggs dry the kids get to decorate them with glitter, stickers and little foam decorations. Easter has come so quick for me this year. I realized yesterday that I don't have anything yet and if our Easter Bunny is going to do anything for the kids then mommy better get crack-in and to the store pronto!!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

You are so fun to do that with your kids! They will remember times like this for a long time!! :)

**As far as The Host I liked it--but I didn't love it!! It is very different but I still love how she writes so I liked the book (not as much as the Twilight books though.)I have read all four Twilight Saga books three times now and I could start the series over again!!