Friday, October 24, 2008

My dinner with my husband

So Eli had court today at 1:00 and he always makes it home by 2:30pm so he left his flashlight at home. Well of course the one time he doesn't take all his stuff with him he doesn't get out of court until 4:30pm and has to be at work at 5:00pm. So we make plans to meet up so I can give him his stuff and we can have dinner together. Now I know that he gets calls and has to leave on a whim, but what he did to me tonight was ridiculous. He calls me at 5:30 and says to meet at the Spectrum and on my way to pick up dinner. Okay I'm on my way and he calls...."I'm at a stop on the 55(not even close the the spectrum) and I'll be there as soon as I can. A little while later he calls back and says his call was canceled and he now wants me to take Macarthur exit(10 minutes more north then where I'm am). Then he wants to stay on the phone while we drive and I can't hear a word he is saying 'cause his radio is so darn loud. Then once I get on the freeway he tells me to take Sand canyon exit instead. We finally end up meeting at some shopping center off of Sand canyon and start eating our burgers....I know it's not great but it was quick. We're there probably 6 minutes and he gets a call. All he says is: "Gotta go"! And takes off like a bat out of hell(pardon the french). He screeches out of the parking lot and goes code 3....all lights and sirens. So now I put all the food back in the bag and leave for home. It took me 25 minutes to get to him for a 6 minute dinner....what a waste of time. Well now I'm about 10 minutes from home and he calls me and says "you still there?" "No I didn't know what you were doing so I went home, why"? "Well I'm done and want the rest of my dinner". "Do you want me to turn around"? Too bad! So when he left all crazy, he freaked me out. It turns out his beat partner was fighting with someone on the side of the road and needed help. So what a great dinner we had together huh. And P.S. He is so hot in his uniform, it makes me crazy!:)

1 comment:

Carol Swift said...

Sorry, doing a little blog surfing (I'm Stacie Bean's aunt) and this story caught my attention. As a wife to a retired cop, I totally related to your story. It was hilarious (even though it was frustrating, I'm sure) and so typical of things I went through. You are a great wife to have done all that! By the way, Stacie is my favorite niece.