Sunday, July 3, 2011

Beach Day

Ok people I have the funniest story that goes along with our trip to the beach.
I had to go down to Mission Viejo for a Dr. appointment and we decided that if we were gonna make the 1 1/2 hour trip down there we were gonna go to the beach to make our trip worth it.

So we get to the beach, not a lot of people and I'm thinking this is great. Eli is pulling the wagon with the cooler, chairs, umbrella, and a bucket in it. Makayla is carrying the bag with the towels and dry clothes, Garrett is carrying the small backpack with our cell phones, money, cameras, important stuff, and the beach toys. I'm carrying Mason and holding Gavin's hand because he's freaking out that there's sand in his shoes. Well all that knows the Aliso beach there's part of the beach that's been washed away and you have to walk through water to get to the other side of the beach. I'm wanting to go to the other side because there is NO ONE over there. Eli thinks it's a bad idea but if we time the waves right we can get across just fine without getting wet. (This is where I will admit Eli was right)

So Eli starts going across and I'm walking with the kids....(k I'm alredy laughing just typing this) :) Well the waves start to come back in while we are in the middle of the open space. The wave comes in, knocks Garrett down, beach toys start floating away as does Garrett. hahah So I hurry and grab Garrett by the strap of the backpack so he won't float away and to keep our phones and cameras out of the water. Makayla is SCREAMING at the top of her lungs because the toys are floating away! I am now SCREAMING SHUT UP, SHUT UP, JUST SHUT UP!! The kids can't hear me yelling cause they are yelling so LOUD! I am now holding Mason and Gavin in one hand and trying to keep Garrett from floating away in the other hand. Garrett is SCREAMING because his flip flops are floating out to sea and "they are his favorite".

EVERYONE ON THE BEACH IS LOOKING AT US!!!!! WE ARE A FREAKING SIGHT TO SEE!!! Eli runs to the other side and drops the wagon off so he can come save his kids.....well that's what I thought. No he takes off after the freaking beach toys and Garretts flip flops!! I could kill him!!

So I get all the kids to the other side of the beach and drop our stuff to go help Eli. Makayla is still standing in the middle of the open area SCREAMING because she thinks the toys are gonners :) Well the tide comes in and gets all of the stuff I just put down wet, so I throw it all back further on the beach. The tide comes in again and gets our stuff wet again!! Gavin is still SCREAMING at this point! Man I just can't catch a break.

So now the entire beach is STARING AT US and I'm FREAKING out. A very nice guy came over to help me get the kids out of the water. Eli's still in the ocean trying to "save" stupid toys and Garretts flip flops.

A long story told long, Eli saved all the beach toys and Garretts flip flops, got soaking wet. Now he's pissed off cause he soaking wet from head to toe with all this clothes on. I'm embarrassed for SCREAMING at my kids in public:]and the kids are all tramatized. :) WONDERFUL DAY AT THE BEACH!! OH MAN!




3 comments:

Erin said...

ahhahahhahhahahaha. I love random strangers who offer help at the peek of embarrassment. Its one of my favorites. Glad you finally got to enjoy the beach as a family.

Anne Marie said...

That was so funny!!!! I laughed til I cried. Not really, but it gave me a good laugh. Gotta love beach days!!

Laurie said...

dI wish you had a picture of the "crossing" of where it all took place. Fun stuff. And I love all the activites you do with your kids. The fun meals, the outtings. you're like the best!