Saturday, May 16, 2009

Scariest day of my life...

I always make the kids pancakes on Saturday's because I make them eat cold cereal the other days and it's something that we all look forward to as a family. Today started off like any other Saturday. Gavin was eating his bottle, the kids eating pancakes and I was cleaning the kitchen. Breakfast was all done and it was nap time for Gavin. As I was changing him I noticed he still had pancake in his mouth, then he turned BLUE! I IMMEDIATLY flipped him over, then I tried to swab out the pancake but it was stuck in his throat. I was SCREAMING, CRYING, and like a dumb mother in a PANIC I start to pat his back to get it up or down. I was freaking out so bad I ran downstairs and for some reason I opened the front door and started yelling HELP!!! Then with his face all blue and his little eyes dark blue he closed his eyes and his head rolled back and he went limp. I called 911 FRANTIC!! The lady on the phone told me not to pat his back to try to get it out...oops! While I was on the phone with them Gavin all of a sudden looked up at me and started screaming. It was the best sound in the whole world. The fire department eventually got to my house and checked him out and he is fine. Makayla and Garrett were sitting on the couch crying because I freaked them out with my screaming. I am now so freaked out that he is going back on baby food and he can forget about table food for a long while.

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is terrifying!!! Thank goodness he's ok!

The Keslers said...

That is my worst nightmare! I am so glad that you are all okay!

The Keslers said...

That is my worst nightmare! I am so glad that all of you are okay.

Laurie said...

Oh I feel for ya. I've been in scary situations, but never had to call 911. Way to be brave and strong. You might not have felt that way, but you are! I'm so glad this has a happy ending.

Rock & Michele said...

Did you ever see Field of Dreams???

It's a hot dog.