I took Garrett to the Dr. on Wednesday for his 5 yr check up and to get the last booster shots for kindergarten. I told Garrett about what would happen at the visit, what they would check and discussed getting shots. As long as my kids know what's coming they usually do better. The Dr. said he was only getting 2 shots, but really he ended up getting 4 plus a finger prick.
When it was time for the shots the nurse brought in "help" to hold Garrett so he wouldn't move. I immediately thought of Joseph Smith when the dr. wanted to bind him to the bed so he wouldn't thrash around. I told both nurses that Garrett would hold still and not move, and that's just what he did. He got the first two shots and did great. When they moved to his other arm those shots hurt him, but he still braved through it and didn't even cry...(I think he really wanted to cry, but was to embarrassed to).
So Friday rolls around and Garrett has been complaining that his arm hurts so I look at it and it's swollen, red, hot to the touch and rock hard. I hurry and googled to see if this was normal and it is, but poor Garrett! All just for stupid Kindergarten.

3 comments:
What a brave boy! :( Kindergarten shots are the worst. Ashley didn't cry either but Jacob had tears rolling down as the nurse gave him shots but didn't move. Taylor was the "thrasher" and I and the nurse had to hold him down. I chalk it up to having us wait in the room for an hour for the shot and by the time they came in with it he was frantic. At least they only happen once in life!
Shots are the worst!! Blake said his arm hurt and it lasted for a few days.
Awww! The expression on his face makes me want to beat up those nurses even though I know they werre just doing their job. Poor tough kid!
Post a Comment