Monday, August 30, 2010

Kids say the darndest things

I figure I better start writing down the cute things the kids say cause I'm never gonna remember it all...

Today we went to a BBQ at Eli's work and she asked me for a soda, now typically we don't give the kids a soda but Eli said it was a party so it was okay if she have a Root beer. On the way home this was our conversation:

Makayla: "Mom am I still a Mormon girl?"

Me: "Yes why?"

Makayla: "Well I had a root beer today and Mormon's aren't supposed to drink soda."

Me: "Well it's okay to drink the soda without caffeine in it and only once in awhile, we aren't supposed to drink it a lot."

Makayla: "Well I drank all of it, so is that a lot or a little?"

Me: "Makayla it's okay that you had a root beer and yes you're still a Mormon girl. We are only supposed to drink that stuff once in awhile because it's not good for our bodies and Heavenly Father wants us to treat our bodies good because we don't get another one. Do you understand what I mean?"

Makayla: "Yes, so can I have root beer more now?"

Me: "Don't push your luck lady, remember you got a soda cause we were at a party.":)

I love this girl!! She often comes to me and asks me if her clothes are modest. I'm just glad that she is wanting to obey the commandments so young, let's just hope she keeps the commandments when she's a teenager.

And yes I already told her that beer is not the same as root beer:)

2 comments:

Ben & Kelsey said...

That is so cute, its really good that she is asking all the questions and understanding it now. Your kids are so cute.

Christine said...

I love it! What a sweetie!

I am so glad Ashley is a naturally "modest" girl too. I say start them young and it'll be easier when they grow up.

I'm glad your keeping track of their cute sayings! I started that too when they were young and it's their favorite thing to read about now! (We also have some blackmail fodder for them)

Now I'm starting to write about teenage pranks, and humor...hmmm sometimes not so cute ;)