Friday, June 4, 2010

State citrus park

A few weeks ago we had nothing to do on a Saturday so we took our free pass and headed to the State Citrus Park. We walked through there little building and most of it was stupid and the kids really could have cared less so we headed outside for some tasting of the oranges. We got to try all different kinds of oranges and the kids were afraid to try the blood oranges...they didn't like eating oranges that were bleeding they said:) This was at the end of our little tour and we took it for a nice photo spot.

They told us up front not to take the oranges that have fallen to the ground, but my kids just had to touch them anyway. They held them until we left and Gavin thought they were balls to throw.

This was the view from top of the hill, I thought I took more then this but this is the only one on the camera?? It was pretty!

Kayla liked the "baby" oranges.

Perfect rine grin. It was fun, but I wouldn't pay to go there again. The only thing we learned there was that they came from China, hence the name Mandarin oranges...go figure. There was a wedding being set up at the other end of the park which was very pretty. It was nice once but that's about it. I thought you would at least get to try some orange juice, but they only let you try a slice of the different oranges. But the old guy doing the tasting liked the kids so much that he gave us some really big lemons to take home with us.

4 comments:

Rock & Michele said...

Where is this place? I love getting oranges at that place by you. I would go to this kind of a state park anytime! let me know where it is.

Rochbug said...

Dad it's 2 minutes from the house. It's not the place where you get your juice from it's the opposite direction...on your way to the 91.

The only problem with the park is that they want to charge you $10 to get in and they don't provide any kind of service for that $.

Christine said...

I didn't know you had to pay to get in (was it just the museum?) It's a cool park to take pictures in though!

Glad you experienced it. I kinda felt the same way after going to the march airforce museum. It was nice but for the admission (and the fact it was like 99 degrees inside there) I thought once was great. At least your checking out some historic Riverside stuff :)

Anne Marie said...

Hi Rochelle! I hope you don't mind my blog hopping to your site. I didn't know you had to pay to get in. That must have been a recent thing. The last time I was there was the weekend after Ivan and I were engaged. Sorry there wasn't much to see! And it's a bummer they are charging $10. Is that per person? What a drag! ~Anne Marie