Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dentist Visit

Makayla has been complaining for a few months that her teeth hurt. She has even quit chewing on one side because it hurts so bad. She told me that she had a hole in her tooth but I couldn't see anything. A month later she was crying because she didn't want to eat dinner because the hole in her mouth hurt. I looked again and I thought maybe I saw a cavity? I made her an appointment for a check up and told her that they were going to pull her tooth out as a joke...lesson learned...DON'T SCARE A 6 YEAR OLD INTO THINKING HER TOOTH IS GOING TO BE PULLED!! She got an upset stomach because she was so nervous. When we got there I told her that they were just going to clean her teeth and check them and that was it. They turned on Alvin and the Chipmunks and she was a happy camper after that. It turns out that her teeth are great and there is no hole...she's just getting her 6 yr. molars in and it's pushing on all of her teeth. We also learned that her two bottom teeth will soon fall out. She's been begging me to make her teeth loose so the tooth fairy will come:) She left with a smile, 2 sticker, and her very own tooth brush, floss, mouth rinse and toothpaste! Way to go Makayla for being so brave!!


3 comments:

Piper said...

Big girl! Glad it was not a cavity after all!!

Christine said...

That's funny that she didn't even have a cavity. If it would've been mine...there would've been a cavity ;)

Anne Marie said...

Lucky you. I have yet had to go through my kids having a cavity. Now that I've said that, one of them will have one. Watch. So glad it was only her teeth coming in.