Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ears Pierced

While in Arizona for Spring Break we went window shopping and I stopped in Claire's looking for a big flower, when we were walking out I saw the piercing section and I decided to Pierce Kayla's ears. She was very excited and I tried to explain that it would hurt a little bit but not for long. She eagerly got up in the chair, grabbed the bear and the lady put in the first earring...she just looked at me with a still face, then the second earring...she's not crying but has a look on her face like she's seen a ghost. I could tell she wanted to cry, but she was trying so hard to be brave and big, I asked her if she wanted to cry and she broke down in sobs. After she had a good cry we took a picture of her new ears.

See the excitement on her face, she's just about to get her first earring.

Makayla's new look. Eli kept saying all day that she's getting to big and things like this are making her older and not a 6 year old. I was going to wait until she turned 8 so she would be old enough to take care of them, but she turns them without me asking her and asks me to clean them for her all on her own. She asked me if she can start buying earrings and I can't wait to spoil her rotten! Makayla you are one beautiful girl!!

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Awww...so fun! I worked at Claire's for 4 years (during college) & the best part was piercing ears of girls like Makayla! The worst part was piercing 2 month olds ears....that is horrible. How exciting!!!

Piper said...

Maia begged for about five weeks when she turned five to have her ears pierced and Matt caved and talked me into it. (I also wanted to wait till she was 8.) Unfortunately she has super sensitive ears and ended up with major infections as soon as she wore anything but her piercing earrings. Now she can only wear sterling silver earrings that do not have a back on them (she loves that because they are the dangly ones!)... But I wouldn't change it. I never have to wonder what to buy her- new earrings are always the best!!

Laurie said...

Man, I feel like crying too...
I want a girl!!