Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas morning

Christmas morning we woke the kids up at 6:00am to open presents and have breakfast before Eli had to go to work. The kids thought that Santa hadn't come yet because it was still dark outside when we started. They went through there stockings first and saw what Santa brought.

Gavin loved this blanket that Garrett got from Matt and Chanelle. Gavin really didn't care much for any toy he got this year except for a mini monster truck.

Garrett has wanted this talking Buzz since he saw it at Walmart back in October. We bought it and told him he didn't get it until Christmas time. I figured he would have forgotten about it, but everyday he asked me when Christmas was because he wanted his Buzz. This was the ultimate toy for him...he's a happy boy!!

Whenever we asked Kayla what she wanted for Christmas she really didn't know what she wanted. The kids don't get to see much TV so they don't see commercials that intice kids. Then she told me one day that she was going to ask Santa for a baby doll, not just any baby doll, but one that look "real". I had finished shopping for her, but decided that I'd make her wish come true so I went back out and bought her the doll. Then when we went to see Santa at the mall days before Christmas she told him she wanted a play kitchen of her own. Mind you that she got one of those last year, but now it sits in her brother's room so she wanted a pink one she could put in her own room. On Christmas morning when she saw the doll she was partly excited and then said to me, "Mom I told Santa I wanted a Kitchen, not a doll". We told her she can just play with the other one.

Our Christmas was good, a little lonely since Eli left for work at 8:00am, and he didn't even come home that night because of work, instead he got a hotel at 3:00am in Orange County and went straight to work on Saturday. The kids had a good day and Garrett keeps telling me that this was the "best Christmas ever"!! We hope you all had a great Christmas.

No comments: