3 months old
Garrett's hand mold
6 months old
Gavin's hand mold
10 weeks old
I love that I have part of the kids frozen in time. Kayla's hand and foot were so small compared to her brother's. When we did Gavin's foot it went pretty well, then when we did his hand all crap hit the fan. He was starting to get fussy so I fed him a bottle while we did it. When it was time to take his hand out he wouldn't let go. We were pulling so hard and Gavin was screaming, and I was freaking out because I didn't want to rip his arm out of the socket. So the piece of ceramic that you see on Gavin's hand is the gel mold that he was holding onto and that was the reason we couldn't get his hand out. I love all the wrikles, stretches of the skin and dimples in the knuckles.
3 comments:
That's kinda neat about the earthquake, I've always wondered what it would be like. But I'm glad it wasn't too bad and no damage.
More questions, how did you do the molds? I wish I would have.
How old is Garret? Creed is 20months and still no speaking, we had him evaluated, but he just missed the way below average intervention, so we wait. But still no progress. Agh! Speech therapy worked that quickly?
The molds were very easy. We bought the stuff at Micheals and did it our self. It takes two adults to do it unless your child can sit still and not move. It all comes in a pack with the gel and ceramic plaster and bags.
Garrett is 2 1/2 but when we had him evaluated he was at a 18 month level. I think the reason speach is going so well is because its not me trying to teach him its someone else. He speaks very well for the therapist, but he still try's to get away with it with me. Everyone kept telling me that he had hearing problems, but I knew that wasn't the case. I've also had to learn a new way to talk to Garrett to help him learn. He's not perfect, but now he aleast try's to talk instead of grunt.
I never did anything like that! They are so cute! What a keepsake!
Post a Comment