This was our last day in Tahoe. We didn't have to be home early so we decided to take the kids sledding one more time before we left. We drove back to the parking lot where the cops were called on us and because it snowed 10 inches during the night the parking lot was no longer plowed and full of snow. There was some great hills for the kids. This is what the kids looked like on the way to the mountain.
This was the hotel we stayed in for 4 days. The online reviews were fine, but the inside was a little bit of a shock for me. It was very small, and that's not a big deal, I was just surprised. The bathroom was blue...like the toilet and the shower were blue. they had a little antique chair in front of this mirror where the coffee maker sat. I wish I would have taken a picture.We got to stay really close to the Heavenly resort. This place was packed with people every single day.
The beautiful Lake Tahoe.
This was the best spot for our family to go sledding. The hill wasn't to high so the kids could climb up it easily. Yet it was steep enough to push them all the way across the parking lot as they came down the hill.
I love Kayla's face in this picture.
An older couple showed up to go snow shoeing and we asked them to take our picture, Mason was kind enough to get out of the car and be in our picture.
Then we decided to take our own family picture. It was hard work trying to set the camera up on the edge of the car window, set the timer and then run my butt across the parking lot and sit before the timer went off. They're all holding snowballs.
You can't tell, but my whole family is under that tree. Eli was putting them under the trees and shaking them to death. He'd then scream "it's snowing". Just so you all know it snowed 3 out of the 4 days we were in Tahoe....we had no shortage of snow for the kids.
After everyone was tired from sledding and we stripped everyone out of their snow gear we headed home. Just as we were leaving, it stopped snowing. We took the 80 on the way home for the scenic route and the lake was so beautiful!!! I made Eli stop and pull over in one of the scenic points so I could get a picture.
This has been the greatest vacation with my family and hopefully one the kids will remember for a long time. I thing we are going to try and make this a yearly tradition.
4 comments:
Your pictures are great. Tahoe in the winter has to be just as beautiful with snow as it is in the summer. Thank you for blogging your Christmas for me. This is so fun to read about your vacation!
Looks like you had so much fun!!! I love snow trips!!
Looks like you all had a blast!! So fun!
Okay, so I think I just left 2 comments because I thought the first one didn't go through. Silly me!! If there is only one, then nevermind!!! Hope you're feeling better!!
Post a Comment