Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 7...Day at sea

Friday, August 10 was a day at sea. We slept in late since we didn't have anything to get up for. After a late breakfast we went to play super trivia in the Eagles lounge with Theresa's family (family we played the gender game with).  At 1:30 we went to the gym, well Eli sort of dragged me to the gym, I had no desire to go, but I went. After they gym we went to have lunch at Rosie's and watched ice carving. It was really stupid and we later heard that someone asked what they did with the sculpture after it melted...really?? 
Dinner time was at the Scarlet Steakhouse and it was sooo good.
 There were very few people in the steakhouse when we went so our waiter was very attentive, a little to attentive for my taste. He wouldn't leave our table the whole time. It was really hard to carry on conversation with him lingering, until I asked him to take a picture with me then he got really shy and tried to leave...not so fast buster, if you're gonna make me uncomfortable then I'm gonna make you uncomfortable. ;) The food was really good, we each got a chef's special which I don't remember what it was, but I remember them being very tiny. For appetizers I got tuna tar tar and Eli had escargot, both were delicious. For our entries I had the surf and turf which was lobster tail and filet minion, Eli had New York steak with veggies. When it came for dessert the chef came out to see how we liked everything and to tell us about the desserts. He said that the cheesecake was 14oz. and we didn't believe him, so I ordered the cheesecake and Eli ordered an apple crisp thing. I wish sooo bad that we took a picture of the cheesecake, it was HUGE! He was not lying, but it also lacked all flavor and we ended up throwing most of it away because it was gross not that we couldn't finish it :)
                                                        This was our towel monkey
  At 8:30 we went to the Far from over show in the theater. At 11:00 we went to check out a magic show in the capitol room. It was a small room and it was packed, people lining the walls and floor. About 10 minutes into the show people started walking out and talking, being really rude. "Sukesh" had really poor delivery but his tricks very soo cool. Luckily most people walked out so we got seats and Eli even got put up on stage for one one the acts.
 At 9:30 we went to watch these guys break dance in the main lobby. They were in the "Far from over" show and after they came out and did some tricks which were incredible. It was a fun day at sea.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Sounds like a lot of good entertainment...what cruise line did you go on??