Thursday, April 26, 2012

Our new house, well for now anyway

Our new house, it's not the best but it's not the worst. The day we moved in was the first time I saw the house. I saw a picture of the front of the house online but I never got the walk through and I really wish I would have. This is our front room, minus any pictures on the walls.
This is my dining room with no lights, we have to eat by sunset or we eat in the dark. I really hate the carpet under the table, I stress out every meal that someone is going to spill food.
This is my tiny kitchen. I have zero counter space and it is difficult to make dinner. We're looking into an island, but it will probably be awhile before that happens. Oh and I sooo hate tile counters, they are a pain in the-you-know-what to clean.
This is the front of the house. We live in a culdesac which is very nice. At the end of the culdesac there is a pathway to two parks and a river with ducks. The river is nice but it brings a lot of mosquitoes with it.
This is our backyard. It's glorious I know ;) We are in the process of putting in a garden on the side of the house. After that we will put in grass and then put up the playground in the opposite corner.
There have been lots of problems with the inside of the home but I'm trying to fix them or get over them. I know every house has it's problems and I know that this is 'just a rental', but I have to live here for the next 2-3 years and I want it to feel like home. The kids are adjusting to their new schools. They go to seperate schools because the one closest to us is to crowded. We have already had to deal with kids bullying Kayla at her new school, but the school staff was great and handled it properly and promptly. Garrett's school is great but his teacher is a little magoo. The schools have higher scores here in Sacramento then they did in Riverside so my kids are trying to catch up before the school year ends. I LOVE the area and the ward seems great as well. It's an older ward, so young couples are slim pickins. The sky is BLUE!! I forgot what blue sky looks like and we always have clouds here, which I LOVE!! We're closer to family, but we miss our ward family from Riverside. So there you have it. We moved to 3033 Twitchell Island rd, West Sacramento CA 95691. (Oh PS we live on an Island...there's two bridges to get on and off the island, if they collapse, then we are screwed). I wanted to cry when we left our Boulder home for the last time a week ago and I hope the new tenants love it as much as I did/do.

1 comment:

Piper said...

Maybe for the dining area you could find an inexpensive so you are not as worried about carpet stains? With some serious lining between it and the base carpet plus some heavy duty scotch guard on top you should be covered, right? Just an idea.